Anyone that has spent time with a Boxer Dog knows that this loveable breed is essentially a great big ball of energy. A loyal family pet, he loves nothing more than going on long walks, or playing a game of frisbee with his owners at the park!
But. what about when you want to enjoy some quiet time with your bouncing Boxer? Well, the solution is surprisingly simple… as much as they might love playing, they also adore being fussed over!
So let’s go ahead and take a look at some of the best brushes for Boxers so that you can not only get your pup to sit still – but also help to keep him as healthy as can be too.
That’s right, a regular grooming routine will not only help with your dog’s blood circulation, but also his muscle definition, and give him that nice glossy shine that you see with a healthy coat!
1. Rubber Dog Curry Brush
Brushing your Boxer is no longer a chore with the Safari Pet Products Rubber Dog Curry Brush. Since the curry brush was developed specifically for short-haired dogs, this could be the best dog brush for Boxers. Use this brush at any time in your grooming process- before or after bath time.
- Size – 8.3 inches
- Material – Rubber
- Colors – Assorted Colours
- Configuration – Single-Sided Oval Shape
- Maintenance – Easy to clean and water-resistant
- Ease of Use – Basic shape easy to use for everyone
- Why We Recommend – This simple and lightweight brush is durable and efficiently removes unwanted hair easily. Made specifically for short-haired dogs and is easy to clean.
The curry brush works well when used in a circular motion, removing dead skin cells and loose hair. Make long strokes down your Boxer’s back to redistribute natural oils. After using this brush, you’ll notice a shinier coat on your furry friend in no time!
It also works to massage the skin, which is known to stimulate the muscles and increase circulation in your pet. Your Boxer baby is sure to love his new massager!
Since this brush is made of rubber, it is super easy to clean. Remove the hair, and soak in a tub, rinse in the sink, or even throw it in the dishwasher! Never again will you have to worry about your dog’s brush becoming too greasy and grimy.
- Easy to clean
- Comes in multiple colors
- Good for dogs with allergies
- Doesn’t irritate dog’s skin
- Doesn’t have an ergonomic design for an easy hold
- Can be rough on sensitive dogs
- Could be confused as a chew toy by playful dogs
With an ample choice of colors to choose from, you can easily match a color to your and your dog’s personalities. If your pup is overly playful, he may even mistake the Safari Pet Products Rubber Dog Curry Brush as a chew toy!
2. Pet Grooming Glove – Gentle Deshedding Brush Glove
Any dog owner can tell you that some dogs love to be brushed while others like to have their bodies and bellies rubbed. If the latter sounds like your pet, then the Delomo Pet Grooming Glove is the answer for you.
- Size – Glove – One size fits all
- Material – Rubber / Silicone / mesh
- Colors – Black / Blue / Red
- Configuration – Single sided gloves both left and right hand
- Maintenance – Easy to clean and machine washable
- Ease of Use – Simple slip-on glove
- Why We Recommend – For dogs that don’t like to be brushed this style of fur care is just what you’re looking for
Boxers are super energetic by nature. Some like a good brushing and others can’t sit still during the process. Simply put on the glove and pet your pup like you would any other day.
The silicone grooming tips on the five-finger design allow for maximum touch and massaging effect for your four-legged friend. The design also makes it easy to get those hard to reach spots like on the long legs, elbows and paws, and around the tail.
The material is lightweight and breathable making it a comfortable fit in your hand. Machine washable, this set includes both right and left hand- but don’t forget to remove the hair first! Use one glove at a time or both at once- either way, your pet will be pleased!
- Easy to clean – machine washable
- One size fits all
- Multiple colors available
- Great tool for massaging your dog
- Hair tends not to cling to gloves and collected hair can be difficult to remove
- The glove can produce static electricity leading to a collection of hair on clothes
- Not well suited for deep brushing
Using the Delomo Pet Grooming Glove is as simple as putting on a glove and petting your pup!
3. Pet Neat Self Cleaning Slicker Brush
The Pet Neat Self-Cleaning Slicker brush is a modern take on the traditional style pet grooming brush. Its unique new self-cleaning feature makes it a must-have for any dog owner.
- Size – approximately 5 x 7 inches / bristles 3.75 inches / 7.8 ounces
- Material – Plastic/wire bristles
- Colors – Sky blue
- Configuration – Single-sided brush with an ergonomic handle
- Maintenance – Easy to clean – self-cleaning button
- Ease of Use – Easy to grip handle with thumb rest
- Why We Recommend – This traditional and sturdy design has been brought up to date with a convenient self-cleaning button feature
The single-click button releases the wire bristles and you’re ready to brush your Boxer. Click the button again and the bristles retreat back to their mini storage space inside the brush head. Automatically, the hair is released, and the brush is ready and cleaned for its next use. Voila! You have a self-cleaning – or almost no cleaning- dog brush.
The ergonomically shaped handle is composed of a soft rubber grip with thumb rest. It’s a strong handle that includes an anti-slip grip. This promotes a super supportive grasp on your dog brushing tool. Suitable for both righties and lefties, this brush is easy to use for all.
Equipped with fine wire bristles, this brush removes unwanted hair from your dog’s coat without irritating his skin. Perfect for de-shedding your pooch and also helping to increase his circulation while enhancing a shiny and healthy coat for your Boxer.
- Ergonomic and comfortable handle
- Cool sky blue color
- Modern design
- Lifetime Guarantee
- Wire bristles tend to irritate sensitive dogs
- Can be difficult to use for those with arthritis or hand problems
This sturdy brush is backed with a lifetime guarantee. How could you go wrong with the Pet Neat Self-Cleaning Brush? Your pup is bound to look and feel good after each brushing and grooming session.
4. Boshel Dog Hair Brush 2 In 1
We know you love your pup to the moon and back, but one of the few downsides of owning a pet is the relentless struggle of dealing with hair and fur. The Boshel Dog Hair Brush 2 in 1 has the solution for all dog owners when it comes to the never-ending battle of pet hair.
- Size – 5 ounces
- Material – Plastic / wire bristles / rubber
- Colors – Cool blue / neon green
- Configuration – Two-sided: wire bristle brush and rubber hair remover with handle
- Maintenance – Easy to clean
- Ease of Use – Easy
- Why We Recommend – This wire-bristle dog grooming brush comes with an added feature to help remove dog hair from unwanted places like clothes and pillows
The Boshel hairbrush has is equipped with metal bristles on one side, and a rubber side with small points for your grooming clean up afterward.
Simply brush your Boxer as normal- with the side with metal bristles. The rounded balls on the ends of the bristles ensure a comfortable experience for your pup, without scratching the skin.
The air pad on the bottom of the brush holds the bristles and allows the brush to form and contour to your pup’s shape. Brush and stroke your dog until you are both satisfied that his coat is in the best condition it could be. Once finished brushing, use the green rubber side to collect unwanted hair from multiple surfaces.
- Metal bristles have rounded edges
- Pins lie on soft breathable cloth that shape to your dog’s body
- Soft grip handle
- Bright colors
- Strong and durable
- Great for all fur lengths
- Some bristles are not totally secure and may fall out
- Handle weakens over time and may break after strenuous use
Whether it’s the trousers you are wearing or the sofa your pup was just sitting on, the Boshel Dog Hair Brush can remove hairs from whichever surface may need a cleaning.
5. HaloVa Pet Comb
The HaloVa Pet Comb Professional Pin & Bristle Bamboo Brush for Dogs and Cats has a simple yet solid two-sided design that is sure to please any pup.
- Size – 3.5 ounces
- Material – Wood / rubber / soft plastic
- Colors – Wooden / neon green / black
- Configuration – Dual rubber bristle brush and soft plastic bristles with handle
- Maintenance – Easy to clean
- Ease of Use – Easy
- Why We Recommend – This dual-sided brush allows you to choose the strength of grooming, so even the most finicky dogs will be pleased
On one side, you have the rubber bristles with balled ends to ensure your dog’s comfort while brushing. This design helps to remove loose hair and trapped dirt. It’s sure to clean even the most mischievous of pups!
For those dog owners whose pups are a bit more sensitive, there is a soft bristle side. The bristles are still strong enough to get the job done but will feel smooth and comfortable with each stroke. Maybe your pooch will like both sides just the same!
The bamboo handle is both sleek and strong with quality craftsmanship. The handle is ergonomic and conforms to your hand, so hold it whichever way you choose! It’s also super lightweight, which means you can brush your pup for hours on end.
- Lifetime Warranty
- Strong and durable
- Good for short, medium, and long hair
- Static resistant
- Extremely lightweight
- Strong construction
- Ergonomic handle
- The brush may be too big for small pups
- Plastic bristles are not as strong for tougher coats or snarls
The after-sales service ensures you will be able to keep and use your brush for a long time to come. The HaloVa Pet Comb is super lightweight and doesn’t cause static. You can even brush your pooch’s face with it!
With a lifetime guarantee, strong and durable design, and a bamboo base – our favorite pick for the best grooming brush for your boxer dog or puppy has to be the HaloVa Pet Comb Professional Pin & Bristle Bamboo Brush for Dogs & Cats!
Not only does is this brush incredibly tough, I mean, even with a kennel full of Boxers – you’d be hard-pressed to wear this bad boy out! But also, it’s surprisingly lightweight, and ergonomically designed – ideal for those with mobility issues or joint problems.
So, why not go ahead and treat the Boxer Dog in your life to a little grooming luxury, and whip this out next time you all sit down as a family to watch TV – finally, your dog can join in and enjoy it as much as you do.