As the owner or potential owner of a Weimaraner – you likely know of and appreciate the joyful energy of this big dog!
Quite an aloof breed, it’s important to obedience and crate train your Weimaraner puppy early on, many owners underestimate just how quickly their pups will become big, boisterous dogs.
When puppies are small, their cheeky behavior just looks cute, but believe me – they grow up quickly, and what was once cute will be a nightmare from a giant strong dog!
Here are five of the best dog crates for Weimaraners that you can utilize for your crate training!
We can’t mention this loving breed without saying something about their distinct color that is found very rarely in other breeds of dog.
Their smokey golden, beige, tan-ish coloration is so unique that it’s difficult to accurately describe the color to someone who has never seen it in person.
1. Precision Pet by Petmate
This large two door dog crate is made from a strong and durable heavy gauge wire designed to stand the test of time.
Not only is it a thicker wire than that of most dog crates, but it’s also covered in a rust-proof coating to allow the crate to be used indoors or out, no matter what the weather is!
Not just for your adult Weimaraner, this crate has a great feature that allows it to be used for your puppy, and leaves him able to gradually grow into it!
Easily snap in the included dividing panel by following the instructions on the leaflet.
The door is ultra-secure with more than the average one or two lock locations; the incredible Precision Pet Two-Door Crate secures at five locations to keep your pet safe and secure.
However, if you’re planning on taking a crate with you everywhere you go, this may not be ideas as it weighs in at a whopping 48 lbs.
- Rust-resistant coating
- Door secures at five locations to avoid trapped paws
- Made with heavy gauge wire
- Two doors for added flexibility
- Comes with a dividing panel
- Not as strongly constructed as expected
- The heavy gauge wire bends easily
- Some crates come with a second door on top instead of on the side
- Sizing runs small
- Faulty crates don’t latch properly
2. Haige Pet Your Pet Nanny 42” Dog Crate
This is one of the best dog crates for Weimaraners, better yet, for dogs that we’ve seen.
A truly heavy-duty cage with sturdy metal bars, and a metal slide-out tray – it makes for easy cleaning but also doesn’t seem as though any dog would be able to chew their way out of this.
An incredibly aesthetically pleasing crate, this could be at home in a fancy hotel, and of course – your beautiful home!
You could even roll this under a table to give your pooch a little privacy and help it to blend into its surroundings even more.
Very roomy, ideal for mature adult dogs but not so much for young puppies as they may try to push through the metal bars, or underneath where the tray affixes to the dog crate.
While the crate itself is incredibly sturdy and not at all easily damaged by canines, some buyers have complained that the shipping process is enough to damage the crate – and they have received crates with bent bars.
- Chew resistant crate
- Painted with non-toxic paint
- On wheels to easily move
- Leak-proof steel tray
- Very roomy for your dog
- Takes ten to twenty minutes to first assemble
- Tray can slip around in the crate
- Bars can bend during shipping
- Smaller dogs or puppies may be able to escape
- Latches are just a simple sliding mechanism
3. Petco Classic 1-Door Dog Crate
This large crate is especially roomy, definitely one of the best crates for Weimaraners in terms of size!
Are you about to welcome your new puppy home and worried that you’ll have to buy multiple crates as he grows?
Worry no more!
With the Petco Classic One Door Dog Crate, you’ll receive a bonus crate dividing panel absolutely free of charge.
Clip it in, and it’s ready for your ten-week-old puppy, and as you begin to crate train, and potty train – you can alter the size of the crate by clipping out the panel and moving it over.
Once your dog has reached maturity just pop the divider out!
When the sunshine peeks out from behind the clouds, you can easily fold down the crate and use the comfortable handle to pick it up and take it outdoors to give your pooch some fresh air!
If you have an especially rambunctious puppy or older pup that likes to bounce around – this might not be the best option for you as it can be bent and escaped from if the fluffball really gives it his all.
- Comes with divider panel
- Slide-out plastic tray for easy cleaning
- Heavy construction
- Easy to assemble
- Comfortable handle for transportation
- Thin wire
- Easy to escape for even just curious dogs
- The clasps have a shorter lifespan than the crate
- Directions are difficult to follow
- Bars bend easily
4. Noz2Noz Indoor/Outdoor Pet Home
The NOZTONOZ Sof-Krate is an incredible piece of equipment.
If you thought that your current dog crate was easy to set up, well you haven’t seen anything yet!
The crate arrives fully assembled, all you have to do is pop it into place by lifting the inner bars, snapping them together, and zipping the top zipper closed!
Stain-proof, tear-proof, weather-proof fabric means that this crate can be used indoors and out – and don’t worry about little accidents soaking through the bottom of the crate as it features a water-resistant base for easy wipe downs!
If the accident calls for a more thorough cleaning, you can easily remove the washable cover from the steel frame and throw it right into the washing machine!
This lightweight, cozy, and roomy crate is ideal for travel, not only because it’s easy to carry around but also because it will leave your four-legged friend feeling at home no matter where you go.
- Washable cover
- Super simple assembly
- Well ventilated
- If your dog has very sharp claws, he may accidentally tear the fabric
- The zipper isn’t very sturdy
- Can be chewed through if your dog really wants to escape
- Screens can be pushed through by very energetic dogs
- Mesh windows are especially delicate
5. Petmate Ultra Vari Dog Kennel
This thick plastic dog crate is a great choice if you ever plan on traveling with your dog on an international or domestic flight, do be sure to check the individual airline’s crate requirements before purchasing as they vary by airline.
Made in the USA, the Petmate Ultra Vari Kennel boasts wire vent windows for optimal ventilation, and a safe and secure door latch to hopefully avoid your pooch from escaping.
It is worth mentioning that some dogs have been known to escape the crate, so if you have a real escape artist – this might not keep them secure.
Easy cleaning, the entire crate can be hosed down, and washed, of course – it’s suitable for indoor and outdoor use!
- Easy to assemble
- Safe and secure door latch
- Wire vents for great ventilation
- Made in the USA
- Interior floor mat for comfort and easy cleaning
- If your dog pulls the door inwards, he can break the latch
- Some users have complained that the crate arrives without screws for assembly
- Not all airlines will accept the crate for international or domestic travel
- Would be safer to buy the size up for weight capacity
- Many buyers complain that the product arrives damaged
My favorite of the top five best dog crates for Weimaraners has to be the sturdy and aesthetically pleasing Precision Pet Dog Crate!