Hailing from Mexico, the Chihuahua while small in stature is not a dog to be underestimated, this feisty little pooch is an exceptional family pet, and also doubles up as a trustworthy guard dog!
While this is a reasonably active breed, most Chihuahuas do prefer to be apartment or indoor dogs, enjoying their creature comforts, fussing from their owners, and having somewhere plush and comfy to sleep!
In fact, there’s no better way to make your little dog happy than by buying him one of the best dog beds for Chihuahuas around!
Whether you’re the proud owner of a teacup, standard, long-haired or short-haired Chihuahua, these tiny little pooches deserve a treat every now and again, so why not have a look through our list of the top five beds for your four-legged-friend and see if any of them strike your fancy!
1. K&H Pet Products Self-Warming Lounge Sleeper Pet Bed
This little dog bed is one of the best dog beds for Chihuahua’s that tend to get cold easily or struggle to keep warm.
With the double-layer fabric, the bed essentially traps the heat from your dog’s body, and then transfers this back to your pooch!
A great alternative to electric blankets which can be dangerous, or at the very least nerve-wracking for the owner to leave with their beloved pup.
The low step into the bed makes this bed a great choice for arthritic or older canines that perhaps struggle to get up to sit on the couch with you, the added bolster cushion provides not only added comfort – but helps to aid in keeping your pet toasty and warm!
A non-slip base means that you can place the bed on hardwood floors, tiles, or carpet without worrying that it will make its way to the other side of the house.
- Double layer self-heating bed
- Non-slip base
- Bolster cushion for added comfort
- Recycled filling
- Great for dogs or cats
- The padding is noisy and crinkly
- Some faulty beds have weak seams
- A few buyers have complained that the bed they received is not the one in the photo
- Stuffing is lumpy and not flat
- Can only be washed on a delicate, cold setting, otherwise it falls apart
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003YIHXO6
2. Pet Paw Pet Bed for Cats and Small Dogs
The small dog bed from Pet Paw has been designed to create a cozy little nest for your Chihuahua.
Not only will he stay warm, but this dog bed is known to actually improve your dog’s sleep – ideal for older dogs or those with medical conditions that affect their rest.
The bed comes in four different colors so that you can find one to fit your home’s aesthetic.
You can choose your bed to come in pink, black, blue, and gray; with fade-resistant fabric, your bed should stay looking bright and new for years to come.
This bed can be washed and tumble dried, but be sure to use the delicate setting on both your washing machine and tumble drier to avoid the seams breaking and the filling getting loose, as that’s not going to be fun to clean up.
- Designed to improve your dog’s sleep
- Raised sides for added comfort
- Comes in multiple colors
- Ideal for small dogs or cats
- Can only be washed on a gentle wash
- Only to be dried on a cold setting
- The grip dots on the base fall off as time goes by
- Some faulty products can fall apart in the wash
- The bed is a little flimsier than expected
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DTOEUG8
3. BRINDLE Waterproof Designer Memory Foam Pet Bed
It’s clear to see why the Brindle Waterproof Designer Memory Foam Pet Bed is ranked as one of our best beds for Chihuahuas.
With two inches of orthopedic memory foam, combined with two inches of high-density support foam – this provides your four-legged friend with the ideal support for a great nights sleep, and also to help protect their joints from arthritis!
The bed is waterproof and incredibly easy to clean, just throw it in the washing machine, and the dryer and it will look like new!
With three beautiful colors to choose from, your pooch could be looking majestic atop a charcoal velour, navy trellis, or red sherpa bed!
A great additional feature is a non-slip base to keep your pooch from slipping and sliding; it’s especially handy for a multi-pet household if your dogs tend to play rough and leap on and off of the bed.
- Memory foam and support foam base
- The zip-off cover is machine washable and tumble dryer safe
- Non-slip base
- Waterproof for easy cleanup of accidents
- Eliminates pressure points
- Fabric isn’t incredibly thick
- Hair coats the bed very easily
- Liquid can leak through to the foam area and cause mold
- The fabric sheds fluff
- Definitely not suitable for chewers
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZGIU0JM
4. Coolaroo Elevated Pet Bed with Knitted Fabric
This unique, elevated pet bed is a great solution for dogs that don’t like squishy cushion style beds.
With a hammock type design, this bed eliminates pressure points and makes for a comfortable, and breathable place for your dog to hang out.
Use inside, or take it outside on a warm day – this bed is so much better than on the ground beds in that it’s flea, mite, and mold resistant.
We all know that horrible feeling when your dog comes in from lying in the grass or on the mud, and he’s managed to pick up a bunch of ticks – but with this bed, he’s far less likely to come into contact with those annoying little bloodsuckers!
This bed looks far neater than most dog beds on the market and comes with a fabric covering in a range of rich colors including gray, green, terracotta and nutmeg with a black powder-coated steel frame; it really does look the part in any home or garden.
- Flea, mite, and mold resistant
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Wipe clean
- Breathable fabric
- Powder-coated steel frame
- Fabric can tear if your dog’s claws are sharp
- Frame wobbles a little
- Requires two people to assemble
- Takes a lot of time to assemble
- Sizing runs on the small side
buy here :https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001HX426C
5. PLS BIRDSONG The Original Cuddle Pouch Pet Bed
The PLS Birdsong bed is a cozy little den, but it’s important to note that the pouch of the bed DOES NOT stay open on its own, your dog will need to burrow his way in to get into the pouch – but if that’s his thing; he’s going to love this bed.
The bed cover and inner cushion cover are both able to be zipped off and thrown into the washing machine to keep this bed looking new and fresh, but you must air dry and not put in the tumble dryer.
With a waterproof and anti-slip base, the bed itself will stay put, for your dog to hop in and out of at his heart’s content.
However, this isn’t suitable for outdoor use, but as the base is waterproof – you could probably pop it on a patio, or paved area outside and wipe clean before bringing it back into your home!
The sizing can run small, and it’s perhaps worth going one size up to ensure that your dog will have enough room to wiggle his way into this kanga-pouch style dog bed.
- Non-slip and waterproof base
- Easy to wash and dry
- Removable pillow
- High-quality fabrics
- The best for burrowing pooches
- The bed does not stay in an upright position
- Not ideal for dogs that don’t like to burrow
- Sizing runs small
- The zipper isn’t the best quality
- Inner pillow is thinner than expected
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E578QEK
The winner of the best bed for Chihuahua has to be the PLS BIRDSONG The Original Cuddle Pouch Pet Bed, what a snuggly little pouch for your little dog to curl up in and feel protected from the world!
You pretty much know which dog bed is the best when you find one that you wish you could crawl into, and that’s how we felt about this one.
Many smaller dogs suffer from getting cold very easily, but with this fully encompassing bed – your dog will be kept warm on all sides for the best sleep of their lives!