This gentle giant can be quite intimidating for even the most experienced dog owner, but even though they can weigh in anywhere up to a staggering 250 LBS and stand thirty inches at the shoulder, the English Mastiff is really a big old softie!
A playful breed, if you choose to welcome a Mastiff into your family, you can rest easy knowing that they are usually exceptional with children.
The English Mastiff is easily trainable, and if you’ve just welcomed your mastiff puppy home, it’s important that you start training early on, otherwise while it’s cute if your puppy sneaks onto the couch – it’s not so cute when he weighs 200 lbs.
There’s little I can say about this breed that isn’t a glowing recommendation, and if you’re lucky enough to own one for yourself, the least you can do for your big buddy is to buy him one of the best dog beds for English Mastiffs.
1. Big Barker 7″ Orthopedic Dog Bed
This large dog bed, unlike many others is specifically designed for the bigger, and heavier breeds.
With a triple-layer foam inner, Big Barker is so confident that their foam will stand the test of time, that the foam within the bed comes with a ten-year warranty guaranteeing that the foam will retain at least 90% fluffiness for that time.
The cover isn’t included in the warranty, but it’s still pretty decent so long as you don’t have a destructive little scamp!
This microfiber cover is machine washable, and dries quickly but will age with washes and use.
Another great feature of this bed is the super-duper bolster cushion on one side of the bed, giving your dog the option to use it or not!
- Ten-year warranty
- Machine washable microfiber cover
- Made in the USA
- Created with big dogs in mind
- Triple-layer high loft foam
- Cover tears easily if your dog has sharp claws
- Does not come with a waterproof liner – you have to buy it separately
- Not the fluffiest of covers
- Foam, while great quality, isn’t as firm as expected
- Not a good choice for dogs that like to chew their beds
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009G9Y5UC
2. Armarkat Pet Bed Mat
This large dog bed from Armarkat is filled with a 100% polyfill to keep your dog comfy and cozy!
If your dog likes more squish than support then this bed may be a great choice for you, although – the fill does flatten over time and could benefit from sporadic dry cleaning.
The outer area of the cover is a strong heavy duty canvas, but for comfort – the sleeping section is a super soft fluffy fabric.
The easy zip-off cover is completely machine washable, and as an added benefit – the bed also has an inner waterproof cover that you can wipe clean!
If you’re looking for one of the best dog beds for English Mastiffs, and you just happen to love leaping onto his bed, then you’ll be pleased to hear that this bed comes with an anti-skid base to prevent your Mastiff from moving his bed all around the house!
- Zip-off machine washable cover
- Super soft center for extra comfiness
- Heavy-duty canvas surround for durability
- Anti-skid base
- Filled with extra thick 100% polyfill
- Zips aren’t the strongest
- Seams can be a tad weak
- Stuffing flattens over time
- Cover fabric isn’t the best quality fabric
- Crinkly noise when stepping onto the bed
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003BYQ092
3. Cinnamon Dog Bed
This thin and lightweight dog bed for large dogs is perfect for use in dog crates, or for those that tend to travel a lot with their dogs; just fold or roll up the bed and you’re ready to go!
Coming in faux fur and fleece options, the bed is definitely very soft and comfortable but it does tend to shed a lot, and get everywhere.
The bed features a comfortable and reasonably well-padded bolster cushion on all four sides to provide your English Mastiff with added support, and also help to keep the warmth in.
The Deluxe Bolster Pet Bed from Midwest comes in four unique colors, with cinnamon, gray, pink, and powder blue in the faux fur, or as it’s sometimes known – plush – version.
Unfortunately, the only color available in the fleece version is white, which, of course, doesn’t stay clean for any time at all.
- Ideal for use in crates
- Super cozy faux fur or fleece
- Ideal for extra large dogs
- Smaller than expected
- Very thin base
- Faux fur sheds quite a bit
- Not suitable for dogs that bite at their bed
- Fleece version also sheds quite a bit
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002DHXTQ
4. PetFusion Jumbo Dog Bed
This heavyweight bed is one of the best beds for English Mastiffs that we’ve found!
With a six-inch thick memory foam base, polyfill bolster cushions, and durable yet soft cover – your dog will love stretching out on this and catching a few Z’s.
With the memory foam inner, this bed helps to defend against joint problems, and can also relieve discomfort and pain for those poor pooches already suffering from joint issues.
The cover is incredibly easy to keep clean, but the only downside is that replacing the cushions back into the cover post-wash can be a bit tricky, and would be better to be done by two people.
Because of the packaging and shipping process, when your dog’s bed arrives; you will need to remove it from the packaging and leave it to re-inflate for some time – preferably 24-48hrs.
- Solid 6-inch memory foam base
- Easy clean with removable cover
- Water and tear-resistant cover
- Recycled polyfill bolster inner
- Polyester and cotton twill cover
- Cover is a tight fit and can be tricky to replace after washing
- Isn’t exactly the same as image shown
- Needs time to re-inflate after unpacking
- Some faulty items have arrived with the cover and bed stitched together
- Very heavy, not a good choice if you plan on moving it much
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TQ47CPW
5. PLS Pet Paradise Orthopedic Pet Bed
This double layer dog bed is the ultimate in luxury for your four-legged friend!
With a thick memory foam base, topped with a plush pillow for added coziness; this bed provides not only comfort but unparalleled support to your dog’s joints.
With removable covers, you can simply zip them off and throw them into the washing machine, and just to make your life that little bit easier (and your home that little bit fresher), you can also wipe down the inner waterproof lining over the cushions!
This bed comes in a multitude of sizes, making it a great choice for multi-pet households!
No longer do you have to have an unsightly mish-mash of beds here there and everywhere, but now your dogs, and even cats – can be all matchy-matchy.
Sizing can run large, with the giant size measuring approximately 39×54 inches.
This size is recommended for especially large breeds weighing over 120 lbs, such as the English Mastiff.
- Foam base with plush pillow top for ultimate comfort
- Medical grade orthopedic foam
- All removable covers that are suitable for machine washing
- Waterproof inner lining
- High quality for long-lasting life
- Sizing runs large
- Inconsistency in padding, some are underfilled and some overfilled
- Zipper can be stiff
- High step-up for arthritic dogs
- Seams aren’t the strongest
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LSK8D0Y
On our search for the perfect snuggle spot for the gentle giant that is the English Mastiff, one bed stood out above the rest!
And that was the…