The Rhodesian Ridgeback is an incredible dog, hailing from South Africa he was bred as a multi-purpose pooch, as one that could not only hunt, but be a guardian for his family too.
Easily recognized thanks to his large stature and unique deep chestnut coloring, the Rhodesian Ridgeback has a calm, and affectionate temperament – making them the ideal family breed.
Top 5 Best Dog Beds for Rhodesian Ridgebacks
An easy dog to have around the house, he’ll be more than happy to curl up in his bed for much of the day, so on that note – we’re going to look through some of the best dog beds for Rhodesian Ridgebacks.
Keeping your pooch is important, but it’s also vital that you provide adequate exercise on a daily basis, as otherwise, you may notice that he begins to act out, or become destructive – and trust me, it’s not fun to deal with such a big bored dog!
1. FurHaven Deluxe Orthopedic Pet Bed Mattress for Dogs
This large dog bed is created to fit into your home’s decor, with an impressive twenty-two color options, as well as being designed to hide the hair and dirt that your dog is bound to drag in from the yard.
With low step up this is a great choice for older canines or those with joint issues that make movement more of a challenge.
Weighing in at only 1.95 LBS, for such a large bed this is incredibly lightweight, and a really nice choice for owners that travel a lot and want to bring their pet’s bed with them.
For example, if you’re an avid RV’er always hitting the road on a weekend, you can simply roll this up, and take it everywhere with you.
With the water-resistant base, you can even use this outdoors without worrying that damp grass will soak through the bed, and best of all – it means that you can wipe the base off before bringing it back inside thus minimizing the risk of fleas, or worms afflicting your dog.
- Zip-off cover for easy washing
- Water-resistant base
- Egg crate orthopedic foam for joint support
- Designed to hide unsightly dirt and hair
- Earth and pet-friendly low VOC foam
- Flattens quickly with regular use
- Thin fabric cover
- Inner egg crate foam sometimes arrives broken into pieces
- Fabric start piling quickly
- Interior foam can disintegrate with use
2. Black Super Value Dog Bed By Majestic Pet
This value pet bed by Majestic Pet is a great option for the owners of those dogs that just want a big fluffy place to rest their heads! With a hypoallergenic fill, if you or your dog suffers from allergies – this bed is likely a great choice for you!
Designed and assembled in the USA with the highest quality imported components, you can rest easy knowing that your dog is lying on one of the best dog beds for Rhodesian Ridgebacks!
Coming in seven different colors, you can choose between black, blue, burgundy, gray, green, khaki, and red!
All of their beds have a high-quality stitch trim that not only holds this bad boy together for the long run, but it also makes this bed look extra fancy.
Suitable for all sizes of dogs, and even cats – the ultra-soft cushioning is ideal for those pets that try to steal cushions from the couch!
- Machine washable and dryer safe on low
- Designed and assembled in the US
- Premium hypoallergenic materials
- Filling maintains height and fluffiness
- Ultra-soft cushion
- Isn’t as fluffy after washing
- Some beds are overfilled and others are underfilled
- Sizing runs small
- Bedding compresses a lot when dog lays on it
- Fabric ages quickly when washed
3. American Kennel Club Memory Foam Sofa Dog Bed
This heavyweight dog bed features a memory foam filling to provide your four-legged-friend with not only a comfortable place to rest his head, but also provides incredible joint support, which we all know is especially important for large breeds such as the Rhodesian Ridgeback.
The super soft center of the bed is surrounded by a raised bolster surround so that your dog will stay warm and cozy in his bed.
And for those cheeky pups that seem to enjoy running, and leaping into the beds that they’re meant to be sleeping in!
That’s no problem with this one, with a non-skid base, you won’t be constantly putting this back where it belongs, it’s designed to stay put!
Due to shipping methods, the bed arrives vacuum sealed, and will require a twenty-four hour period to re-fluff before you can give it to Fido, but it really is important to wait for at least twenty-four hours otherwise he’ll just be lying on a bed that’s as flat as a pancake which doesn’t sound very comfortable.
- Ultra supportive memory foam fill
- Made from recycled materials
- Non-skid base to prevent skidding
- Removable machine washable cover
- Raised bolster surround
- Sizing runs small
- Requires 24hrs to fluff up after unpacking
- Seams have a tendency to burst
- Memory foam fill is uneven
- Some beds don’t fluff up and stay flat after unpacking
4. Coolaroo Elevated Pet Bed with Knitted Fabric
This elevated dog bed is a great choice for keeping your dog cooler, especially if you live in an especially warm climate.
The bed is sturdy, with a powder-coated steel frame designed to stand the test of time.
When looking through the best beds for Rhodesian Ridgebacks, this was the easiest bed to clean, just spray it all over and wipe down, so unlike most other beds we looked at, there’s no need to worry about fleas, mites, mold, or mildew with this one!
Not only great for keeping your dog cool, but the raised design has shown great results in keeping your fluffy friend’s joints healthy for the long haul.
Suitable for indoor or outdoor use, but you’ll likely want to put some additional no scratch protection on the feet if using inside.
The color options are classic and smart, with Gray, Green, Terracotta and Nutmeg all on offer.
- Off the ground, design to support your dog’s joints
- 360-degree airflow to keep your pet cool
- Lightweight steel frame
- Wipe clean
- Breathable fabric that eliminates hotspots
- Fabric can rip if your dog has sharp nails
- Requires two people for assembly and patience
- Wobbles as your dog gets into it which can put them off
- Some frames are faulty and break easily
- Can make an annoying squeaky noise
5. MidWest Homes for Pets Deluxe Dog Bed
This lightweight dog bed is an easy one to throw in the crate for travel days, and with a machine washable cover you can pull it off and throw it in the washer to keep everything soft, fluffy, and smelling good!
The non-skid base is especially handy on hardwood floors, especially if your dog likes to launch himself into his bed!
And for use in crates, while you’re traveling, the non-skid base means that you don’t have to worry about the bed coming out of the bottom of the crate as you drive around a sharp corner!
Coming in a variety of sizes, eleven options to be exact, if you have a multi-pet household, you can finally buy matching beds so that your home doesn’t look like a higgledy-piggledy of different pet beds!
And speaking of it looking great in your home, the colors that this bed comes in look great in just about any style of decor.
Choose between gray, mocha, and cocoa chic, each of which is mixed marl colors to add that luxury and classy look!
- Incredibly fluffy plush cushion
- Ideal for use in crates
- Non-skid base
- Machine washable
- Comes in multiple sizes
- Seams aren’t the strongest fabric doesn’t hold up well in the wash
- Not as much support as expected
- Definitely not suitable for bed chewers
- Sizing runs small
Our ultimate winner was the Coolaroo Elevated Dog Bed!
This raised dog bed is so easy to keep clean, looks smart, and best of all provides your Ridgeback with a comfortable bed that is great for keeping pressure off of his joints!
While the bed isn’t soft and squishy, it makes up for that in its sturdiness and the fact that this can last for years without looking worn and aged.
I hope that this list of our top five beds for Rhodesian Ridgebacks was helpful, and happy dog bed shopping!