With an incredibly distinctive coat, the Old English Sheepdog is not only famous for their hairdo, but also for their chilled out, docile, and sometimes even lazy temperament!
But, before you consider welcoming this majestic breed into your family, you need to consider the upkeep of their coat.
Without proper care and grooming, they can be prone to matting which will lead to sores, and skin conditions if untreated.
So, let’s take a look at the best dog clippers for Old English Sheepdogs for you to add to your grooming routine! Luckily, all it takes to keep this fluffy breed healthy and happy is a quick brush and trim.
For newbie dog owners or dog clipping virgins, fear not!
Most canine clippers are incredibly easy to use, and together with the help of the calm attitude of your Old English Sheepdog, you’ll be a pro dog clipper in absolutely no time!
1. Wahl Home Pet Pro-Series Complete Pet Clipper Kit
Wahl has been the market leader in pet clippers for years and years, and it’s quite likely because they release snazzy multifunctional products like the Wahl Home Pet Pro-series Complete Pet Clipper Set!
You can use these clippers plugged in at home, or charge them up, and take them with you on the go ready to use anywhere – from dog shows, to just out in the backyard!
Made for use on all breeds of dog, this is one of the best clippers for Old English Sheepdogs, but also for smaller breeds such as the Chihuahua.
So whether you have a fine coated, long-coated, or double-coated canine in your home – or heck, if you’re lucky – one of each!
These clippers could be a great addition to your personal home grooming salon!
- Five Year Warranty
- Plug in and go, or charge and use cordless on the go
- Designed for long-coated and double-coated breeds
- Includes instructional DVD and color-coded guide combs
- Self-sharpening blades
- The battery doesn’t last very long when using the clippers cordless
- Can clog up when using on curly-haired breeds
- As the clippers get older they take longer to charge
- Blades dull quickly and often arrive needing sharpening
- Instructional DVD only shows specific haircuts not the basics
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002R85GMU
2. Sminiker Professional Rechargeable Cordless Dogs
This cordless dog and cat grooming clippers set is ideal for someone looking to find the best dog clippers for Old English Sheepdogs so that they no longer have to send them to the groomer and spend a small fortune.
These clippers boast titanium and ceramic blades which makes cutting your dog’s hair feel like gliding through soft butter, and also protects from overheating which can cause your pup’s hair to become snagged.
Home grooming can be a breeze with the right equipment, and as this set comes with everything you need – you’ll be ready to try your hand at clipping your pooch as soon as they arrive through the mailbox!
You will receive one set of clippers, one power adaptor, one rechargeable lithium battery pack, one cleaning brush to keep your clippers in tip-top condition, two pairs of scissors (flat and teeth), and four guide combs to give you several coat length options to choose from.
- Titanium acute-angle blade combined with a movable ceramic blade
- Comes with four guide combs
- Lithium battery for extended battery life
- Lightweight for easy use for extended periods of time
- Ultra-quiet design ideal for use on dogs who have no clipping experience
- Not the most powerful clipper set
- Materials aren’t very sturdy, so the product wears easily
- Does not work on matted fur
- Takes a very long time to charge for limited use time
- Inconsistency with blade quality
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D8KIBYU
3. Dog Grooming Clippers
This clipping set boasts an incredibly quiet motor; you can barely hear it running, so no more whirring and scaring your pup!
Also, the vibration-free motor is an absolute joy, having tried numerous clippers, I’ve always found that those that have excessive vibrations end up being incredibly difficult to achieve a neat trim, and more than that – are usually really uncomfortable to use.
But not this clipper, this is a joy to use, lightweight, easy to maneuver even in the most finicky areas, and cuts through thick hair as though it were nothing.
With a desktop charging dock, this clipper won’t leave your home looking messy, but instead, fit in with the aesthetic of all of your fancy tech products!
One of the best dog clippers for Old English Sheepdogs but will also work on any other breed, and on cats too!
- Almost silent motor running at only 50 decibels
- Can be used plugged in or cordless
- Adjustable blade for comfortable and safe use
- Titanium and ceramic combo blade
- Comfortable to use for long periods
- Guide combs don’t cut to the exact length stated
- Does not work on matted fur
- Depending on the amount of fur, you may need to remove the guide combs during the clip to clean the blade several times
- Doesn’t come with detailed instructions for newbie home groomers
- Not the fastest clippers to charge
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CN3V9Q5
4. WAHL Lithium Ion Pro Series Cordless Dog Clippers
The most powerful clipper available within the Wahl product range, this clipping set not only works a treat on absolutely any breed of dog, on any breed of cat, but you can even whip out this bad boy and clip your horse – if you happen to have one!
This little beauty features super-fast charging for us organized folk who always seem to forget about plugging in, right until we want to clip our pup!
But now, with the fifteen-minute speedy charge, you don’t have to worry about remembering – just sit back, and have a cup of tea while you wait for them to power up.
The lithium batteries are second to none, after being charged for only a quarter of an hour, you can expect them to run for two hours – ideal for the professional groomer, dog show home, or multi-pet household.
As well as receiving the clippers, the kit also includes four color-coded guide combs to make it easy to switch between coat lengths, and remember which length you cut to last time!
- 15 Minute super-charge
- Lithium battery for extended product life
- Works on multiple pets
- Made in the USA
- Five-year warranty
- Doesn’t work well on matted hair
- Suited to straight coats and not incredibly curly coats such as the poodle
- If charged and left for days or weeks they can lose their charge
- Some have complained that they have received a clearly used product
- Defective products can be excessively noisy
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BCGAOUW
5. Cyrico Dog Clippers Professional Heavy Duty
The Cyrico Pro Heavy Duty Clipping Kit has an exceptional battery life, taking three hours to charge fully, you can then use the clippers for a staggering five hours making it a great choice for professional groomers – especially mobile groomers without access to constant charging facilities!
When using on the go, the clippers feature a very handy LED light indicator showing you exactly how much charge you have left.
With two speed functions, you can quickly trim your pooch to look like a respectable member of doggie society!
Incredibly useful kit, with clippers, adaptor, two guide combs, cleaning brush, stainless steel comb, flat scissor, tooth scissor, a bottle of oil, and a user manual.
- Use on the go, or plugged into a power outlet
- An LED indicator showing you how much charge your clippers have
- Two speed for clipping both the sensitive areas and thick areas
- Quiet motor
- Fully charged run time of a whopping 300 minutes
- Blades can get jammed and need cleaning off frequently
- Difficult to change comb heads
- When using with attachments, the clippers are less effective
- Doesn’t seem to work well on incredibly thick or matted hair
- Instructional booklet is tough to read with tiny print
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0756CX4CP
Our big winner this time was the amazing Bonve Pet Dog Grooming Clippers.
To be honest, we really struggled to think of anything bad to say about them!
With a quiet motor, good quality blades that don’t pull, and a handy charging dock these chargers seem to just about have it all.
So, if you too want your Old English Sheepdog to be the talk of the town, the dog that everyone says “aww” when they see, and the one that everyone wants to take an Instagram picture of – go get yourself some clippers and grooming brushes and get to work!