What can be cuter than a playful pup? A sleeping one of course! All dogs need a quiet and comfy place to rest their paws after a long walk or a rigorous training session. Even puppy parents need the quiet time to rest and put their feet up too.
But all dogs are different when it comes to sleeping habits. Some will plop down anywhere at any time, while others need a bit more luxury. That is why we are going to look at some of the best-elevated dog beds on the market.
Maybe your dog has a skinny build and needs a bit more support. Or perhaps you live in a cold climate, and it’s just too cold for your pup to sleep on the floor in the winter. Or maybe your pup just refuses to lie on the floor and insists on being on your level. Whatever your situation is, there is definitely a dog bed out there for you!
The BarksBar – Snuggly Sleeper is a super comfortable bed with thick foam padding. Coming in medium or large, it fits most dogs and easily holds pets that are 100 pounds or more.
- Size – Medium (32” x 22”) or large (40” x 30”)
- Material – Foam base, polyester cover, cotton-padded cushion
- Colors – Gray
- Easy To Clean – YES
- Warranty – NO
- Why It’s Recommended – The thick foam bottom raises the bed slightly off the floor, providing extra protection from the heat or cold, and it also gives fragile dogs extra comfort and support while sleeping.
The bottom base is a two-inch thick grooved orthopedic foam pad. The main cushion is an ultra-soft cotton pad, and its surrounded by a super soft cotton-padded rim. The bed is covered by an ultra-soft polyester cover with a luxurious quilted design.
It has a non-slip bottom, so you don’t have to worry about the bed sliding across the floor or ending up in a different room at the end of the day. The padded rim offers extra support for your pup to rest his head without straining his neck or back unnecessarily.
It is perfect for dogs of any age but especially nice for thinner dogs like greyhounds and Salukis, older dogs, dogs with problems with their hips or joints, or arthritic dogs. This bed is the optimal balance of comfort style and has shown to help with reduced joint pain and improved health and mobility.
- Comes in medium or large
- Excellent quality fabric and zippers
- Great for dogs of all sizes
- Good for dogs with bone, joint, or arthritic problems
- Non-slip rubber bottom to prevent sliding on the floor
- Cushion covers are machine washable
- Difficult to reassemble after washing
- Loses shape after a lot of use
The BarksBar Gray Orthopedic Dog Bed – Snuggly Sleeper is so comfortable that you’ll probably want one for yourself too!
2. K&H Pet Products
The K&H comes in small, medium, and large, so it suits a wide range of dogs. The large can easily hold up to 100 pounds, so it would be great for a large dog or two medium dogs that like to snuggle.
- Size – Small (17” x 22” x 7”), Medium (25” x 32” x 7”), or Large (30” x 42” x 7”)
- Material – waterproof 600 denier fabric mesh
- Colors – Black/brown
- Easy To Clean – Yes
- Warranty – Yes
- Why It’s Recommended – The waterproof fabric mesh makes this bed great for both indoor and outdoor use. It’s waterproof and easy to clean, but it’s especially nice in the summer as it’s conducive to air flow.
You can keep it primarily in the living room but also take it with you when you’re outside or at the beach. The breathable mesh bed helps the air to circulate around your pup, so you don’t have to worry about him overhearing.
The bed itself is really easy to clean as all you have to do is spray it and wipe it down. The bumpers are machine washable but tend to bunch. It is also super easy to clean under and around the bed, so there’s no stress when sweeping or vacuuming.
- Strong and durable
- Easy to clean base
- Comes with side bolsters for extra comfort
- Strong metal frame
- Easy tool-free assembly
- Rubber grips prevent sliding and skidding
- Warranty included
- Fabric starts to stretch after some usage
- Bumpers can be more difficult to wash
The K&H is also super light, so you won’t have any difficulties if you need to move it to a different location in the house.
3. HDP Space Saver
The HDP Space Saver is essentially the university dorm chair for dogs. It is elevated, yet it sits super close to the ground, making it perfect for pups with tiny little legs! They will have no trouble getting in this bed, and they’ll be super comfortable once they do.
- Size – Medium and Large
- Material – Polyester Oxford with metal frame
- Colors – Black, blue, pink, and red
- Easy To Clean – Yes
- Warranty – No
- Why It’s Recommended – Coming in medium and large, its best suited for pets up to 40 pounds. The ease of use and small carry sack make this lightweight chair portable and super convenient to take with you anywhere.
Perfect for using as a bed inside your home, you could put it in a bedroom, living room, or even the corner of the kitchen. It is made of heavy-duty polyester oxford, so it’s great for outdoor use as well.
If you like to go camping but find that the ground can be too cold for your pup at night, it’s a perfect place for your pooch to sit when you’re all next to the campfire.
It even helps protect your little one from the uneven surfaces you’ll find when you’re outside.
- Made from heavy-duty water-resistant oxford material
- Powder-coated rust-resistant frame
- Lightweight- less than 5 pounds
- Portable and easy to carry
- Great for indoor and outdoor use
- Easy to set up
- Not too high off the floor, making it easy for small dogs to climb into
- Strong material is stiff at first and may take some time for your pup to get used to it
- Height cannot be adjusted
The frame is strong and sturdy and also rust-resistant. Best of all, the HDP Elevated Space Saver Pet Bed folds up easily and can be carried in the carry bag that’s included.
4. Enchanted Home
A well-made, high-quality puppy sofa, the Enchanted Home is the ultimate spot for your little baby. Whether your pup is sitting, sleeping, or lounging about, he is sure to love this sofa.
- Size – Medium (42” x 23.5” x 15”); fits dogs from 26 to up to 60 pounds
- Material – Wood frame with faux leather trim
- Colors – Brown
- Easy To Clean – NO
- Warranty – YES
- Why It’s Recommended – This sofa can make your pup feel just like his humans; it sits slightly off the floor to give him a bit of height.
It sits slightly off the floor, so it gives your pup a bit of height. This is especially useful if your dog is a bit older. If he has trouble standing up or getting down, this bed is the perfect height. It is also super soft, making it an extra comfortable place for arthritic dogs to rest their tired bones.
This little sofa is perfect for all types of sleepers. Whether your pup likes to stretch out on his back, side or tummy, curl up from nose to tail, or lean his head on something soft, she’s sure to be comfortable on this Ultra Plush Panache Pet Bed.
- Removable and washable cushion cover
- Sits off the floor to promote a draft-free sleep
- Fits pets up to 60 pounds
- Sturdy and fashionable
- Fasteners prevent the cushion from sliding off
- Footpads under sofa absorb vibrations
- The wooden base of the sofa is more difficult to clean
- The material may not last as long if your pup tends to scratch or claw
- Only comes in one color
With 100 percent handmade quality, the Enchanted Home Pet Sofa is strong and durable, which is bound to make both you and your pet happy!
Do you have a larger than life dog? Do you find it difficult to find doggie items that are suitable for his size? This is the perfect bed for you. The SUPERJARE comes in large and extra-large sizes and can hold pets up to 120 pounds.
- Size – Large (36” L x 30” W x 35.5″ H) or Extra Large (48” L x 36” W x 43.2” H)
- Material – Breathable 1680 D Oxford fabric with mesh
- Colors – Black, brown geometric pattern, grey geometric pattern
- Easy To Clean – YES
- Warranty – NO
- Why It’s Recommended – The size and solid construction of this pet bed is great for large dogs, as it holds up to 120 pounds. Also great in all seasons, especially hot summers and cold winters.
This dog cot has a strong and super sturdy design. It is made of durable 1680D Oxford fabric and has a strong steel frame. This high-quality cot can withstand the playful scratching, jumping, and playing of your beloved furry companions.
The pet bed’s elevated design raises your pet more than 9 inches up off the ground, which allows air to flow freely from all directions. It is perfect for sitting inside a warm house or sitting on a hot pool deck. You could even bring it with you to the beach or to the park!
- Great for large dogs
- Sturdy and durable design
- Portable- easy to assemble and disassemble
- Easy to clean
- Good for indoors and outdoors
- Perfect for all seasons
- Extra protection from the sun
- Stretches a bit after some wear and tear and time in the sun
Another great additional feature of the Superjare Pet Cot is the canopy. It’s perfect for shielding your pup from the sun on those incredibly hot days. You’ll wish you had one of your own! It even comes with a carrying bag, making it incredibly convenient to travel with.
There are so many comfortable elevated doggie beds; there’s no reason to wait in buying one. The health benefits for dogs are undeniable, as better sleep leads to better circulation and better behavior. Not to mention, your dog will love you even more for it!
Our top pick would have to be the K&H with Removable Bolsters. It’s great for indoor and outdoor use, and it is also lightweight and portable. It’s easy to clean and easy to assemble, so it is a no-fuss purchase. The side bumpers are detachable, so your pup can use them as a pillow at night, or you can leave them behind when you’re on the go.
Your dog spends most of his day sleeping, so why not give him the most comfortable bed possible? Having a happy and healthy pup will improve the quality of his life- and yours!